Roof maintenance your roof is an essential aspect of owning a home. Not only does it improve curb appeal but also helps maintain the integrity of the structure. Typically because your roof is such a large investment many homeowners are forced to make a difficult decision in the time of need such as should my roof be repaired, patched or replaced. Each option has benefits and draw backs. Keep these in mind when deciding your roof replacement options:
These days most shingles last about 20 years. You would typically be in need of a replacement if your shingles aren’t effective anymore or you have significant damage after a storm. If you experienced significant water damage and need water removal services or are in need of water damage restoration company you will want to call your insurance company. These days to find a company close to you people google search water damage restoration company near me.
Advantages of roof replacement:
- Fix it right the first time and avoids call backs.
- Allows you to choose the most modern materials and styles.
- You are good for another twenty years!
- You receive a thorough inspection.
Disadvantages of a roof replacement:
- Could be a lengthy and messy process if you higher the wrong contractor
- Roof replacement is a bigger larger investment than roof repair.
Roof repair is usually an option if the roof is less than ten years old and there is only a small area effected.
Advantages of repairing:
- Repairs can generally be made quickly and without much disruption to your home or property.
- Because repairs are only made to sections that need it, the cost of repairing is inexpensive compared to a full replacement.
- A minor problem such as a small leak may develop into a bigger issue over time. Addressing a problem with a repair will limit the amount of damage it will cause.
Disadvantages of repairing:
- Asphalt shingles discolor as they age. It’s difficult to exactly match the colors as they age.
- If there is a lot of damage to the structure repairing or patching won’t fix the root of the problem and you might not be able to see it.
If you are unsure if your roof needs repair or replacing, consider an inspection and consultation with an experienced roofing professional at BP Builders.
Call BP Builders
If you’ve never had your roof inspected or it’s been over a year since you’ve got one, give us a call at BP Builders to schedule your free inspection today.
The next time you’re searching for roof replacement near me, roofing contractors near me or roofing contractors CT, look no further than BP Builders we are a certified Certainteed Roofing Contractor. We would be happy to fix the problem. Call us now or fill out the form on this page.