A CT roof replacement is a large home improvement project, especially because of the high costs and the big decisions that need to be made. A lot things should be taken into account when undertaking the replacement. For example, what material will you be using, what style, and is it warrantied. Being well prepared will help you a lot during this home improvement project.
While deciding upon a complete roof replacement can seem costly upfront, what you’re doing really is adding value to your home. This is because one of the main factors home buyers look at, is when the last roof maintenance was done as well as the current roof’s lifespan. A new, stylish roof is a great selling point.
That said, our CT roofing specialists came up with a few roof replacement tips.
1. Maintain curba appeal. In planning the next roof replacement project, ensure you consider the style and look of your roof. You want your roof to look especially because in most cases the roof takes up to 40% of you visible exterior.
2. Take a peek. Try Inspecting your roof from a safe place using a drone or pair of binoculars. Look for curling, cracking and missing shingles. In case the roof is composed of asphalt shingles, ensure you look for any areas that lack granular covering. What’s more, you can also examine the roof from the inside. Within your attic space, use a flashlight to inspect for any water stains which are a helpful indicator of a roof leak.
3. Know your roofing services contractor. Ensure that your contractor is insured and licensed. Check your contractor’s online ratings (if applicable) and ensure that they have a permanent business location, tax ID and a working phone number. Though it may be tempting to opt for cheaper, less professional contractors, you may end up paying dearly for it in terms of quality and this could risk the liability of onsite accidents.
4. Request detailed proposals – get them in writing. We at BP Builders will give you detailed proposals in writing. Included in such proposals are the cost, types of materials used, scope of work, and the estimated timeline.
5. Know the code. Check the local municipal constructions department to make sure you are following code.
6. Do not forget about ventilation. Attic ventilation is very important to ensure that any roof lasts.
The next time you’re searching for roofing companies near me, roofing contractors near me or roofing contractors ct, or roof replacement near me look no further then BP Builders. We would be happy to fix the problem. Call us now or fill out the form on this page.