When learning about metal roofing, you may have even asked yourself the question “Will metal roofs rust?” That is a very good question because oftentimes we assume that anything made from metal will rust over time. In reality though, metal roofs are actually known for their longevity and mildew-resistant properties so they are not inclined to rust.
Pros & Cons of Metal Roofing
As with any type of roofing material, there are pros and cons of a metal roof. Some of the drawbacks are:
- More expensive – can cost more than standard roofing materials, like asphalt shingles
- Weather-related noise – is louder than traditional roofing materials but with proper insulation the noise can be reduced
- Slippery – especially when wet, and walking on it should be avoided when wet to prevent injury
- Denting – could dent during harsh weather, like hail storms
As you can see, there are some cons to choosing a metal roof, but we believe that the benefits may just outweigh the cons.
- Mildew-resistant – metal roofs are naturally mildew-resistant, which prevents the growth of mold and algae. Because of this, metal roofs are anti-corrosive and not easily susceptible to rust.
- Energy efficient – excellent at circulating air and helps ensure proper ventilation in your home.
- Lightweight – being that metal is a lightweight material, it makes for easier installation and may eliminate the need to have additional supports added to hold up the weight of your roof.
- Durable – metal roofs are extremely durable and can last for 40 – 70 years!
- Eco-friendly – because many metal roofs are made with aluminum, 98 percent of the aluminum that is used is from recycled materials.
- Aesthetically beautiful – metal roofs come in all types, such as: shingles, tiles, panels, and various design types.
Even though metal roofs can be more expensive than more traditional roofing types, it may well be worth the added expense because it will, most likely, last more than double the time as . And as it was mentioned earlier, with proper insulation noise will drastically be reduced, as well as energy costs with having a metal roof.
Because of the naturally occurring properties of metal, installing a metal roof may just be your best option. Metal roofing will not be easily vulnerable to rusting and will handle the humid, mildew-prone conditions of Baltimore well. You also, have the added benefit that it is economically friendly and aesthetically beautiful.
Contact Us Today
The next time you’re searching for roofing companies near me, roofing contractors near me or roofing contractors ct, or roof replacement near me look no further then BP Builders. We would be happy to fix the problem. Call us now or fill out the form on this page. BP Builders is a full-service company offering complete roofing, siding and gutter replacement services. For prompt, friendly and professional help, please contact us today!